Granite is a natural stone surface that comes in a wide range of colors and patterns. While extremely durable, this stone can also add a luxurious feeling to your home.
Care and Upkeep Recommendations
1) You come out to our shop in Lansing to place your templates on your slab ensuring preferred areas of the natural stone fall in areas where you would like.
2) We polish the bottom side of the stone ensuring a smooth feel as well as hand polished edges. Our competitors edges will show noticeable little linear lines due to a lack of hand polishing.
3) We put a 3/8″ radius edge on the top edge of the sink area which will allow for more impact without chipping out. Our competitors put a very sharp edge at the sink (pots and pans )
4) We use a color match quartz bonder at the seams that rate 3200 on a flexural rating as opposed to 900 which is the adhesive our competitors use . Correct lab matched adhesive along with a “Seam phantom” seam increases the possibility for a more inconspicuous seam appearance.
5) We Machine anchors and ratchet down around the sink making it nearly impossible for the sink to come loose unless you want it to come loose
Here are a few things we do with our countertops that we know our competitors do not do.
We consider these items to define quality in stone fabrication. In the case of a Samsung TV where there are standards it is advantageous of you to find the cheapest price of that model since you know that model to be consistent no matter where it is purchased. In the case of natural stone there are no standards so you have to rely on your fabricator to do certain things that you wouldn’t know unless they told you or the job is complete and you are unhappy.
*Come check our showroom for a larger selection of colors located at
6003 West Saginaw Hwy, Lansing, MI 48917*
Start with Common Household Cleaners
For most residues, all you need to clean your Corian® countertops is warm soapy water, ammonia-based household cleaner, or a dedicated countertop cleaner. Do avoid window cleaners, however, as they can leave a waxy build-up that dulls the surface.
Keep Your Countertops Dry
Film will build up on countertops if water is left to dry on the surface. This film will dull the countertop surface, making the finish appear blotchy and uneven. To prevent film build-up, it is very important to wipe the countertop completely dry immediately after spills and cleaning.
Some colors of Corian® may require more frequent cleaning to maintain a uniform finish. Darker colors tend to require more attention than lighter colors. Over time, even with proper care, your countertop will acquire a sheen. Dark colors may show light scratches more readily. But rest assured — restoring your countertops to their original glory is an easy process.
Preventing Heat Damage
While Corian® solid surface is heat resistant, as with all countertop materials, it is important to minimize direct heat exposure to protect your surface and investment.
Important — Do not place hot pots, pans, etc. directly on the countertop surface.
Always use heat trivets or pads when placing hot objects on any surface. Always use a trivet under portable heat-generating appliances, such as a toaster oven. Allow cookware to cool before placing it into a Corian® sink.
Preventing Other Damage
In most cases, DuPont™ Corian® surfaces can be repaired if damaged. Be sure to follow these guidelines to help you prevent any permanent damage to your Corian® countertop.
Avoid getting strong chemicals, such as paint removers, oven cleaners, etc., on your Corian® countertop. If a spill does occur, promptly flush the surface with water to fully rinse off the chemical.
Do not cut directly on Corian® countertops. Use a cutting board.
Boiling water alone will not damage your Corian® sink. However, it is a recommended practice to run cold water from the faucet while pouring boiling water into the sink.
DuPont™ Corian® warranty for residential homeowners
Every Paxton’s Countertop job that is covered by our exclusive Lifetime Limited Warranty is protected against defects in manufacture by Paxton Countertops, provided that Paxton Countertops installs the job. This Warranty applies only to the initial owner of the job.
What Paxton will do:
If the product develops a manufacturing defect, it will be repaired or replaced (a countertop of equal value and similar (if not the same) appearance will be supplied) at our option, provided that:
- The owner completes, signs, and returns the enclosed Warranty Registration Form and Satisfaction Survey to Paxton Countertops within thirty (30) days of the initial installation of the job.
- The installed Paxton Countertop’s product has not been removed from the location of initial installation.
- The owner provides proof and date of purchase to Paxton
This Limited Warranty does NOT Cover the Following:
- Laminate, Solid Surface or Wood product (stone only)
- Paxton Countertops will not repair a defect if installation was not performed by us.
- Outdoor countertops
- Paxton Countertops will not provide any warranty service if the product shows evidence that it has been tampered with, misused, abused, or altered, including chemical abuse (i.e., oil stains) and physical abuse (i.e., excessive chipped edges). We will be happy to provide you with a poultice recipe to draw out oil stains if they occur. Paxton Countertops will provide recommendations and/or assist in repair work not covered under the warranty; additional charges may apply.
- Paxton Countertops will not warranty any honed material, any marble, travertine, limestone, slate or onyx in the case of scratching, staining, or structural integrity as these surfaces may be more susceptible to damage due to lack of polish or other unique physical characteristics. However, Paxton Countertops will use an impregnator on each piece of material prior to or at the time of installation in an effort to improve the material’s ability to combat staining.
Your rights under Implied Warranties and State Law:
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER EXPRESSED WARRANTIES, OBLIGATIONS, OR LIABILITIES. PAXTON COUNTERTOPS LIMITS THE DURATION OF ANY WARRANTY IMPLIED BY STATE LAW, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Repair or Replacement of your Paxton Countertops project:
If your project should need repair or replacement as a consequence of defects in manufacture by Paxton Countertops, notify in writing to the following address:
6003 West Saginaw Hwy.
Lansing, MI 48917
Paxton Countertops Lifetime Limited Warranty coverage is your assurance of lasting quality. If we can answer further questions regarding this warranty, please contact Paxton Countertops directly by writing or calling our office 517-627-3688. Please note that we may substitute a product of equal and similar appearance on warranty repairs and replacements.