Quartz Countertops are extremely durable, due to it’s non-porous nature. This makes it easy to keep your countertops clean and bacteria free.
Care and Upkeep Recommendations
To remove difficult spills, soak the area for 10 minutes with a mild household cleaner (such as Formula 409®, Lysol®, or Windex®) then rinse and clean away with a soft Scotch Brite® pad. For stains that harden as they dry, such as food and gum, remove by gently scraping off of the surface (using a blade or putty remover) and then clean using warm water and soap. The following may harm Silestone: Drano®, Liquid Plumr®, oven cleaners and floor strippers. DO NOT use these or any other harsh chemicals on your Silestone Quartz surface.
Silestone is resistant to heat and can withstand moderately high temperatures for brief periods of time without being damaged. As with any natural stone, however, certain exposure to heat may cause cracks due to thermal shock. Always use a rivet to place hot items on Silestone. Do not use crock pots or electric skillets while in direct contact with Silestone natural quartz surfaces.
Do not place Silestone outdoors or in places with UV lighting. Continuous long-term exposure to direct sunlight (UV rays) may result in slight discoloration of Silestone Quartz surfaces. Over the years the color and shade of Silestone products may suffer from the effect of the sun’s rays.
Natural quartz is one of the hardest minerals found in nature, making Silestone highly scratchresistant. However to protect the beauty of your surfaces, never cut on the surface of your countertops, always use a cutting board.
Do not use water repellents or sealants to bring out the lustre.
• Once it has been installed, the sheen on Silestone is the natural lustre of the product itself.
• Sealants and water repellents provide an artificial, ephemeral shine.
• Do not use paint strippers, caustic soda, or products with a PH of more than 10.
• If bleach or solvent is used, it should be diluted with water and never left in permanent contact with the product.
Bleach and solvent can continue to affect the product 12 hours later.
• Do not use chlorine-based products like dichloromethane (present in paint stripper)
• The surface of the material should never be re-polished – either on floors or on a countertop.
• Do not use degreasing agents such as those used in oven cleaners.
• Keep Silestone separate from sources of heat(crock pots, skillets, deep-fat fryers, etc.).
Although Silestone can withstand high temperatures for short periods of time, its performance varies with respect to different factors like thickness, color, location, etc. For this reason, it is not recommended that the product be exposed to sustained contact with a heat source, nor should curling irons, hot saucepans, frying pans, deep-fat fryers, etc be placed on it. We reccomend the use of a hot pad or trivet to protect your surfaces.
Every Paxton’s Countertop job that is covered by our exclusive Lifetime Limited Warranty is protected against defects in manufacture by Paxton Countertops, provided that Paxton Countertops installs the job. This Warranty applies only to the initial owner of the job.
What Paxton will do:
If the product develops a manufacturing defect, it will be repaired or replaced (a countertop of equal value and similar (if not the same) appearance will be supplied) at our option, provided that:
- The owner completes, signs, and returns the enclosed Warranty Registration Form and Satisfaction Survey to Paxton Countertops within thirty (30) days of the initial installation of the job.
- The installed Paxton Countertop’s product has not been removed from the location of initial installation.
- The owner provides proof and date of purchase to Paxton
This Limited Warranty does NOT Cover the Following:
- Laminate, Solid Surface or Wood product (stone only)
- Paxton Countertops will not repair a defect if installation was not performed by us.
- Outdoor countertops
- Paxton Countertops will not provide any warranty service if the product shows evidence that it has been tampered with, misused, abused, or altered, including chemical abuse (i.e., oil stains) and physical abuse (i.e., excessive chipped edges). We will be happy to provide you with a poultice recipe to draw out oil stains if they occur. Paxton Countertops will provide recommendations and/or assist in repair work not covered under the warranty; additional charges may apply.
- Paxton Countertops will not warranty any honed material, any marble, travertine, limestone, slate or onyx in the case of scratching, staining, or structural integrity as these surfaces may be more susceptible to damage due to lack of polish or other unique physical characteristics. However, Paxton Countertops will use an impregnator on each piece of material prior to or at the time of installation in an effort to improve the material’s ability to combat staining.
Your rights under Implied Warranties and State Law:
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER EXPRESSED WARRANTIES, OBLIGATIONS, OR LIABILITIES. PAXTON COUNTERTOPS LIMITS THE DURATION OF ANY WARRANTY IMPLIED BY STATE LAW, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Repair or Replacement of your Paxton Countertops project:
If your project should need repair or replacement as a consequence of defects in manufacture by Paxton Countertops, notify in writing to the following address:
6003 West Saginaw Hwy.
Lansing, MI 48917
Paxton Countertops Lifetime Limited Warranty coverage is your assurance of lasting quality. If we can answer further questions regarding this warranty, please contact Paxton Countertops directly by writing or calling our office 517-627-3688. Please note that we may substitute a product of equal and similar appearance on warranty repairs and replacements.